Information for kitchen volunteers:
Opening times: Monday to Saturday, 7am – 3pm
Address: Plumtree Court, London, EC4A 4HT
Directions: The entrance to the kitchen is down a car ramp into a basement parking garage. The ramp can be found along Plumtree Court, near it’s junction with Farringdon Road, just down the hill from the Holborn Viaduct bridge. The ramp faces onto the new Goldman Sachs HQ construction work on Plumtree Court. Walk down the ramp into the parking area itself. Look for the short flight of stairs on the right, leading up to a pedestrian ramp to the kitchen entrance. One of our team will be there to greet you.
Clothing: Volunteers should wear comfortable casual clothes and sturdy shoes or trainers. Aprons will be provided.
Tasks may include:
- Chopping vegetables
- Making cakes
- Transferring cooked food to boxes for distribution
- Washing the cooking equipment
- Tidying the kitchen
- Distributing food to service users (places limited to 2 per day, no places on Wednesdays)
We hope you have lots of fun while you are here!
You can quickly book your volunteering session with us at our Holborn Kitchen online, just follow these simple steps:
- Select your date using the calendar below
- Pick your time slot by clicking twice on it (you can start later than 7am if you wish… see note below)
- Enter your details
- Click book now to send your details to us
Please note: if you can only come for a couple of hours, for example from 8am – 10am, or from 9am – 12pm, please select the 7am – 12pm slot and let us know your time availability on the booking form.
Groups of more than 5 should consider splitting up to come on separate days, but if this is not possible for you, please contact us and we will try to facilitate you.